Selecting the Best Bail Bondsman for the Job
It can be stressful and challenging to find the Best Bail Bondsman when you or a loved one has been arrested. You may not have all the required funds on hand to bail someone out of jail so it’s important to make the right decision.
Here are a few steps to give you a piece of mind.
- Research – the Bail Bondsman in your area or Bondsman in the area of the detention center. The company that you select should have a history of working with the jail and a proven track record in the community.
- Availability – is an important part of the process because it’s very likely that you will require the services of the bondsman outside of normal business, holidays or weekends. It’s also important that you are able to reach the bondsman throughout the court preceding’s for additional advice and support. The best companies are always available to answer questions.
- Licensed in North Carolina – the bondsman should be fully licensed with the North Carolina department of Insurance and able to provide his/her active license number upon request of the paying customer.
- An Experienced Bondsman – will be familiar with the detention center and will ask you key information to expedite the process. Legal name of the defendant, Date of Birth, County and City the inmate is being held, charge and Bond amount etc.
- The Cost of a bondsman – should be upfront and clear with no hidden fees or additional momentary stipulations. Depending on the bond amount an experienced bondsman will work out a payment plan to help fit your financial needs.
Typically if a company offers something like no upfront costs or zero O% down be careful because they may charge more on the back end or surrender you to the jail if you are late or miss a scheduled payment.
If you are in search of a company that’s trustworthy with an experienced confidential staff call Above All Bail Bonding located in Greensboro NC area. We are available to assist you 24 hours a day.